Residents of Dickson House and the North Flat can access the onsite school nurse, Monday to Friday, during school hours. The medical room is staffed by an NHS appointed qualified nurse.
The school nurse assesses potential new residents and monitors current residents to make sure the Trust can meet their medical needs, alongside their educational, social and emotional needs.
The team works in conjunction with a variety of outside agencies. Examples of working partnerships include:
- Sexual health
- Genito urinary medicine (GU med)
- Smoking cessation
- Counselling service
- Epilepsy liaison
- Diabetic liaison (adult & child)
- Anaphylactic specialist
- Continence service
- GP service/practice nurse
- Infection control
- Immunisation team
- Specialist nurses e.g. tracheotomy nurse, nutrition specialist nurse.
- Relationships with fellow special school nurses in other deaf/special schools, locally & nationally.