The school has bright, modern classrooms with interactive whiteboards, offering a pleasant learning environment.
Some of our fully equipped specialist rooms are listed below:
- Science laboratory
- Design and Technology workshop
- ICT suites
- Food technology classroom
- Art Studio
- Sports Hall
- School Hall / stage
- Sensory Room
Onsite sports facilities include:
- Sports centre
- Playing fields covering 6 acres
- Tennis courts
- Football pitch
- Hard core for tennis, football, netball etc.
The greatest resource of any school is its staff. Many of our staff are native British Sign Language (BSL) users or have trained in this area. The level of BSL within the school is continuously improving, with all staff supported in their training to Level 3 and up to Level 6. We have a high staff-to-pupil ratio.
- Teachers of the deaf (Subject or age group specialists)
- Specialist Learning Support Assistants and Communication Support Workers
- Speech and Language therapists
- Occupational Therapist
- Deaf BSL tutors
- Medical staff
The School provides separate play areas for Primary and Secondary pupils with a range of outdoor equipment.
The dining room has an annex with access to a full range of healthy and freshly prepared meals.
The school provides classrooms with excellent acoustics.
Reverberation in typical classrooms is below 0.4s.
The school has the Gold Acoustic Mark.