Little Learners Day Nursery, is proud to have achieved Millie’s Mark – a quality standard aimed at keeping children safe and minimising risks and accidents.
Achieving the Millie's Mark is no easy task, requiring a great deal of dedication, focus and hard work from all staff. Gaining the standard means:
- Raising standards in paediatric first aid
- Increasing numbers of first aid-trained staff
- Increasing competency in applying first aid
- Enabling staff to respond quickly in emergencies
- Raising the quality and skills of the early years workforce and helping them with day-to-day first aid issues, such as allergies
- And providing reassurance to parents.
The Millie's Mark panel assessed the portfolio submitted by the Little Learners Day Nursery using the following:
- Evidence of needs assessment for setting staff
- Evidence that all staff hold an appropriate in-date PFA (full or emergency) certificate
- Evidence of classroom-based training for one-day courses.
We will work to keep these crucial skills in the forefront of their employees' minds, so that they are competent and ready to act in an emergency situation.