People can either self-refer or be referred to Aspire to Be from agencies including Local Authorities, various Housing Associations and Job Centres across the South Yorkshire regions. A typical programme would be for three days a week either full or half day sessions up to contract end.
Once we accept a referral, we:
- Conduct a full assessment of need
- Provide a support package based on that need which is reviewed on a regular basis
- Offer information, advice and guidance throughout to ensure a smooth transition into learning and employment
All training and one to one advice and guidance is supported by British Sign Language where applicable.
Health and Wellbeing sessions incorporate:
- Healthy eating
- Flip it - Confidence and Motivation
- Independent Travel
The aim is to develop a wide range of skills that enable independence and mindset change and are designed to build on personal skills and qualities with elements of employability also embedded in each session.
Employability/Employment sessions involve:
- CV writing, spec and cover letters
- Interview techniques and mock interviews
- Job carving sessions
- Job search activities including application form support
- Work experience/trials and volunteering
- In work support
Employability and employment sessions incorporate non-accredited learning in tandem with simulated work environments, on and off-site, to help train and prepare for the world of work.
Our team works to look at the ability not the disability - setting realistic goals, building confidence so people feel able to move into employment.