Based at: Communication Specialist College Doncaster
Salary details: £27,117 - £33,371 per annum (dependent upon experience)
Job details: 37 hours per week
55 days holiday entitlement (to be used in the school holidays)
An exciting opportunity to join our team!
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated and dynamic SEN tutor. The SEN tutor will be responsible for delivering high quality SEND teaching and learning. The tutor will plan and deliver sessions linked to our extensive RARPA curriculum, promoting independent learning and personal social development.
In doing so our students will gain the confidence and self-esteem they need to progress to independent living and supported employment. The ideal candidate will have significant experience working with young adults 16+ with SEND. They will work alongside the PSD Manager to monitor and report on PSD targets across the department. The SEN tutor will work one-on-one or with a small group of students, they will be able to guide and monitor support staff in the department as well as document students’ progress to discuss with parents, carers, and tutors across college.
Candidates should ideally be able to show;
- Relevant teaching qualification, certificate in education, PGCE or equivalent
- Experience of working with adults with hearing impairments, learning difficulties and/or disabilities
- Experience of teaching small groups of students or other relevant groups, including direction of support staff
- Able to serve as a positive role model and mentor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of setting and achieving SMART targets
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and tutoring programs
- Knowledge of CPOMS
- Efficient time management and a flexible approach to work
- BSL Level 2 or above (desirable), willingness to work towards (essential)
- Contributory Pension
- Great CPD opportunities
- Free onsite parking
- Free use of onsite gym
- Discounted childcare at the onsite Little Learners Day Nursery
- Westfield Health Cash Plan including Doctorline - 24/7 access to a GP, Dental, Optical and Prescription claims and much more (funded by the employer)
Applying for the role
If you are interested in joining the Communication Specialist College - Doncaster, you would be welcome to contact the Deputy Principal to have an informal discussion, prior to submitting your application. Please contact Tracey Jamison on 01302 386700. To request an application form please email Human Resources at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 06/12/23
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The Trust may carry out online searches on shortlisted applicants and all applicants will be required to provide details of their online profile, including social media accounts, as part of their application.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Trust is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions on a self-declaration form in advance of attending an interview (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.