Doncaster Deaf Trust are seeking committed volunteers from a range of backgrounds to join the Charity as a Governor or Trustee.
Governors and Trustees are critical to the success of the Charity. Although they are volunteers, they provide challenge and monitoring. They ask questions and probe the information they have been provided. Governors and Trustees are often seen as the ‘critical friend’ to ensure the senior executive teams are responding to the challenges and key priorities. Being a Governor or Trustee is supportive within a group of other volunteers who work together as a collective voice.
We thank you for wanting to volunteer with us and will keep your details on file for 12 months. Unfortunately, due to the current situation we are unable to accept any volunteers at this time. This ensures that the number of people on site is kept within a safe level.
Nothing is more precious than the giving freely of your time. It doesn't matter if it's an hour per week or a day per month, if you can help us and you'd like to, we'd like to hear from you.
There are several opportunities open to volunteers at the moment, including:
- MACC - our Mixed Ability Cycle Club: We have purchased 15 disability adapted cycles and 8 mountain bikes of different sizes and all the necessary safety equipment: pus we're going to run cycle proficiency lessons on our safe/secure campus to launch our cycle club, but we really need cycling enthusiasts to volunteer for a couple of hours each week, to run the club for us.
- Enterprise - our students make all kinds of products (you can see them on our shop page here: https://www.deaf-trust.co.uk/pages/shop/department/all) which we sell and that helps to raise funds to buy the materials for the next students to use and so on. Our difficulty is we can't make enough fast enough to keep up with sales! so, if you're an ex-joiner maybe, or have an interest in carpentry or woodwork, we really could use your talent and expertise here for as many hours as you like.
- Sports - we have a Boccia Club, football teams, cycling now of course, a fully equipped gym, three external all-weather sports courts for Tennis, Volleyball, Basketball and Futsal plus a large indoor-multi purpose sports hall with Badminton courts and indoor Cricket nets. If you're a qualified sports coach, we can always use your help. Maybe you could launch a new sport for us!
For these and other opportunities, in the first instance, e-mail: email@example.com.
There are many benefits:
- Employers like to see volunteer activity that provides work experience on your CV
- You could join the British Sign Language classes and learn how to speak using sign - another very useful qualification
- Make new friends
- Learn new skills
We will pay your travel expenses and we will pay for a DBS check (Please understand, our young people have to be safe and so we have to know that everyone working here is of good character). If you're here for a full day, we'll even provide you with a free lunch! Now what could be more tempting than that!