People can be referred to Aspire to Be from agencies including Local Authorities, various Housing Associations across the South Yorkshire region and job centres. A typical programme would be for three days a week either full or half day sessions over 38/40 weeks.
Once we accept a referral, we:
- Conduct a full assessment of need
- Provide a support package based on that needs which is reviewed on a regular basis
- Offer information, advice and guidance throughout to ensure a smooth transition into learning and employment
- Provide a dedicated work coach to support clients throughout their journey
All training and one to one advice and guidance is supported by British Sign Language.
Health and Wellbeing sessions incorporate:
- Healthy eating
- Flip it - Confidence and Motivation
The aim is to develop a wide range of skills that enable independence and mindset change and are designed to build on personal skills and qualities with elements of employability also embedded in each session.
Employability/Employment sessions involve:
- CV writing, spec and cover letters
- Interview techniques and mock interviews
- Job carving sessions
- Job search activities including application form support
- Work experience/trials and volunteering
- In work support
Our team works to look at the ability not the disability - setting realistic goals, building confidence so people feel able to move into employment.
Learn more here