We have our own qualified School Nurse on site who works in the medical room Monday to Friday.
Our School Nurse works across education and health, providing a link between education, home and other NHS services.
The School Nurses aim is to improve and maintain the health and wellbeing of Children and young people.
The School Nurses day to day role varies greatly and covers all areas of the Deaf Trust including School, College, residence and Nursery
Typically, the role includes
- Carrying out new pupil/student assessment
- Medication administration and auditing
- Writing and reviewing health care plans for conditions such as asthma, diabetes, epilepsy and complex health needs
- Providing health education, advice and signposting to other sources of information/support.
- Organising immunisation clinics
- Liaising with GP practices, health visitors and other health and social care staff
- Safeguarding and service co-ordination
Provides health related training and support to staff
Works closely with the multi disciplinary specialist team on site